March 13-22, 2017 (Monday-Wednesday)
Shades of Ireland
with Collette Vacations
From vibrant and history filled Dublin, across rolling green hills to the dramatic coast, experience all of the charms of Ireland on this 10-day tour of The Emerald Isle. Live like royalty during an overnight stay on the grounds of a castle. Visit the Waterford Crystal facility. See the Atlantic from the stunning 700-foot-high cliffs of Moher. Experience the world-famous beauty of the Ring of Kerry. Have coffee and scones at a working farm. See beautiful Killarney from your seat on an Irish jaunting car. Journey to historic Blarney Castle, lean back and kiss its famous stone! Don’t miss this tour!
Overnight Flight. The Emerald Isle, a land renowned for its “forty shades of green,” is filled with rolling hills, warm people, stately castles and rollicking fun. Visit Limerick, Killarney, Waterford and Dublin as this comprehensive tour introduces Ireland’s natural beauty, rich history and most importantly, its hospitable culture.
Kingscourt, Ireland – Tour Begins. Your tour begins in Kingscourt. Tonight, meet your fellow travelers over a delicious dinner at Cabra Castle before checking into our overnight accommodations on the regal grounds of Cabra Castle. (D)
Kingscourt – Tullamore – Limerick. Today, travel across country on your journey to Tullamore and the Irish whiskey territory. The ancient towns of Tullamore and Kilbeggan have long been associated with the whiskey industry. Visit a historic distillery where you will learn how Irish whiskey is made and enjoy a tasting. Continue to Limerick where you will enjoy a city tour showcasing King John’s Castle and the Treaty Stone. Delve into the fascinating history of the “city of the violated treaty.” (B)
Limerick – Cliffs of Moher – Galway – Limerick. A most interesting day awaits. Journey to the stunning, 700-foot-high Cliffs of Moher for awe-inspiring views of the mighty Atlantic Ocean. Then, travel through the vast limestone landscape of the Burren, known for its stark beauty and Neolithic tombs. Continue past scenic countryside into Galway, where a brief city tour introduces “The City of Tribes.” Tonight, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant. (B, D)
Limerick – Killarney. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Today, experience the customs and daily life of a traditional Irish family during a memorable visit to the Molanna Dairy Farm. This afternoon, decide how you would like to explore charming Killarney. In Killarney you will be treated to a time-honored Irish jaunting car ride (weather permitting). A tour of the beautiful Muckross House and Gardens offers a glimpse into the elegant lifestyle of the Victorian gentry. Explore the perfectly restored rooms of this magnificent mansion or stroll in the gardens. Or, enjoy a scenic jaunting car ride (weather permitting) through Killarney National Park to Ross Castle and then board a traditional boat (weather permitting) and sail through the breathtaking lakes in the company of an expert boatman known for their local knowledge and amusing nature. This evening its Diner’s Choice . . . tonight your dinner is included and you’ll choose the perfect spot from a ‘menu’ of Killarney’s great restaurants. (B, D)
Killarney – Ring of Kerry – Killarney. Travel along one of the most beautiful coastal routes in the world, the Ring of Kerry. At the Gap of Dunloe, shop for traditional Irish goods handcrafted by local artisans. Enjoy pristine ocean scenery as you move through picturesque villages. Continue on as you traverse rugged mountain passed into “Ladies View.” From this spectacular vantage point, gaze upon the Lakes of Killarney. Tonight, use your leisure time to sample a true taste of Irish culture. (B)
Killarney – Blarney Stone – Waterford. Today, journey to historic Blarney Castle and embrace the opportunity to kiss the famous Blarney Stone. Legend has it that those who kiss the stone are bestowed with the gift of eloquence. Later, arrive in the historic city of Waterford and visit the House of Waterford Crystal factory with a fascinating visitor’s center and retail store housing the largest collection of Waterford Crystal in the world. Complete your day with a leisurely-paced walking tour of the historic city of Waterford. (B, D)
Waterford – Kilkenny – Dublin. Start your day with a trip to Kilkenny and explore this medieval city situated on the banks of the River Nore. Continue on to Dublin and decide how you would like to explore the “Fair City”. You may choose to set out with a local guide on a drive to see St. Patrick’s Cathedral, St. Stephan’s Green, Grafton Street, and the historic Phoenix Park. Or you may select a walking tour of the city’s historic center, exploring O’Connell Street, the General Post Office, and the River Liffey. Spend the remainder of your day relaxing or set out to explore more of charming Dublin on your own. (B)
Dublin. Today is at leisure to relax or discover the cultural offerings of delightful Dublin on your own. You may wish to join an optional tour that takes you to an authentic Irish tavern for lunch followed by a visit to the Guinness Storehouse where you learn about the brewing process that creates this beloved beverage . . . you’ll also have the chance to pour “the perfect pint.” Tonight, join your fellow travelers at a fun-filled Irish evening complete with traditional entertainment, where you toast the end of a fabulous trip. (B, D)
Kingscourt – Tour Ends. Your tour ends in Dublin. Depart for home with many pleasant memories of a wonderful vacation. (B)
- Fully escorted by a Collette Vacations Escort
- Round trip air from BWI
- 8 nights hotel accommodations
- 8 breakfasts
- 5 dinners
- Sightseeing by deluxe touring motor coach throughout with a professional driver and tour guide
- Attractions and admissions per itinerary
- Portage – one (1) suitcase per person
- Tips and taxes for included meals
- Hotel Transfers, Air Taxes and Fees/Surcharges of $100.00/PP (subject to increase until paid in full)
- Included Cancellation Waiver and Insurance of $260.00/PP
- Excludes tip for driver and tour guide on tour
- Excludes transfers to/from BWI Airport
|Deposit||$510.00/PP – Due 7 days after booking|
|Balance Due||December 30, 2016|
Rates valid until September 7, 2016
Note: Rates increase after September 7, 2016
- To truly experience the program and destination, you need to be able to participate in physical activities such as longer walking tours, walking over uneven terrain, climbing stairs and periods of standing. Some of the touring days may be longer, with select included activities occurring later in the evening. Some of the most unique sightseeing can mean accessing locations that restrict motor coaches, especially in historic areas. For your comfort, we recommend bringing walking shoes.
- Single accommodations are limited and are available on a first come, first served basis.
- A Passport with a 6 month validity past tour date is required for this tour. Deposits and cancellation fees, see flyer.
- Gunther Tours/Collette Vacations reserves the right to impose or pass through fuel surcharges, security surcharges or similar incidental surcharges. No right of cancellation exists under either of these circumstances.